Newcastle City Marina – September Update
NEWCASTLE CITY MARINA – September 2013
Welcome to Newcastle City Marina’s September update, keeping you informed with what’s happening and the latest news from Newcastle Quayside. Remember, booking a berth for your boat couldn’t be easier. Simply call us on 0191 221 1348 / 07435 788 426 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For comprehensive listings for what’s on in Newcastle, click hereto view the latest issue of the NE1 Magazine.
What’s On in September
Newcastle City Marina
- NE1’s Zapcat Grand Prix– 31st August – 1st September
Note: The marina is reserved exclusively for this event over these dates.
Marina Open Weekends
- EAT! Festival– 6th – 8th September: Book a berth by Tuesday 3rd September and receive free food tokens for EAT! Street & Boiler Shop Steamer, for more details please see below in “Dates for your Diary”
- Closing Party – Dates TBC – You will receive an email for the details of this event
BUPA Great North Run – 13th – 15th September – With events such as the Junior Great North Run the Quayside is the place to be this weekend book your berth now to avoid disappointment
The Sage Gateshead
- The Be Good Tanyas – Friday 6th September
- Nearly Dan – Saturday 7th September
- Caro Emerald – Tuesday 10th September
- Caitlin Rose – Wednesday 11th September
- Dr. Feelgood plus support The River Gamblers – Saturday 14th September
- Krystle Warren – Monday 16th September
- Steve Howe Trio – Saturday 21st September
- The Duckworth Lewis Method – Wednesday 25th September
- Laura Marling – Thursday 26th September
- Mostly Autumn – Friday 27th September
For full details visit www.thesagegateshead.org
- An Evening with Sam Baker – Wednesday 4th September
- Alternative Model of the Year, The Catwalk Finals 2013 – Saturday 7th September
- Heritage Open Day Tours – Friday 13th September
- Wet House – Wednesday 18th September to Saturday 5th October
- Chastity Brown + Support – Friday 20th September
For full details visit www.live.org.uk
Dates for your diary
EAT! Festival– Friday 23rd August – Sunday 8th September – NE1 have teamed up with EAT! to provide you and your crew with free entry and food tokens for the EAT! Street & Boiler Shop Steamer taking place at the Stephenson Works (behind Central Station) from 5th – 8th of September. Navigate your way down South Street to bursting with sizzling street food. Inside the Boiler Shop you’ll find locally brewed beers, pop-up restaurants, themed zones and a rolling programme of live bands and entertainment – including the ever-popular Chilli Eating Contest! To take advantage of this fantastic offer, please book your berth by Tuesday 3rd September either by phoning or emailing Newcastle City Marina. www.EATNewcastleGateshead.com
NE1’s Quayside Seaside– Saturday 1st June – Monday 30th September: It’s back! One of Newcastle’s most iconic spaces is transformed into a seaside paradise complete with deckchairs, palm trees and golden sand. Kick back, relax and while away a summer’s day in this surreal city centre oasis.
Newcastle City Marina – Services Update
Overnight Berthing and Season Tickets (ST):
- Up to 5m LOA = £10.00 (ST £50.00)
- Up to 8m LOA = £15.00 (ST £75.00)
- Up to 11m LOA = £20.00 (ST £100.00
- Up to 14m LOA = £25.00 (£125.00)
- Greater than 14m LOA = £30.00 (ST £150.00)
Please Note: Supply of electricity and water plus access to showers is included in the fees detailed above. For Season Tickets please get in touch using the email address or phone numbers below.
Showers, Toilets and Swimming Pool
Newcastle City Marina has an arrangement with the Copthorne Hotel’s ‘Le Club Health & Fitness Centre’ for provision of showers and toilets. Marina customers are able use these facilities free of charge. The Copthorne also offers a 20% discount on all food and drinks at the hotel’s Quay 7 Bar and Restaurant to NCM customers. The Copthorne is one of Newcastle’s finest hotels and only a short walk along the Quayside, upriver.
Booking & Availability
To enquire about availability and confirm your booking at NCM please complete the booking request form below on the link below:
Alternatively, please feel free to call us on 07435 788 426 or 0191 221 1348 between 9am & 5pm seven days a week. Or alternatively, email us at email@example.com
Gateshead Millennium Bridge (GMB)
Starting from 1st May 2013, and for the duration of the summer (until 30th September 2013), the GMB will open daily at 12.00 midday. These are ‘show’ tilts for City visitors and can also be used by vessels wishing to reach the Marina. If you require a bridge tilt, please contact the NCM team. To view a list of the planned GMB opening times click here.